The DentPath Program at Ohio State is a one year post-baccalaureate program that helps students become more competitive and successful in the dental school environment.
Our goal is to increase the number of students who are underrepresented in dentistry and/or from economically or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds.
DentPath will help you:
- Strengthen your competency in the core sciences
- Strengthen your hand skills and perceptual ability
- Engage with College of Dentistry faculty
- Acclimate to Ohio State and Columbus before you begin dental school
Students who successfully complete the DentPath program are automatically accepted to the DDS program at Ohio State.
To be eligible for the DentPath program, applicants must:
- submit completed AADSAS and supplemental applications to the Ohio State College of Dentistry
- save a minimum 2.75 GPA
- save minimum DAT Scores of AA: 17/PAT:17/Total Science: 17
- obtain a bachelor's degree by the start of the DentPath program
- complete all prerequisite courses with a "C" or better
- demonstrate strong non-cognitive, communication,
critical thinking and problem solving skills, as well as a commitment to service
- compete a DentPath application (by invitation only)
DentPath Orientation and Curriculum
The program consists of a one week orientation which includes learning strategies, community service projects and seminars. The academic year includes 30 hours of science-intensive coursework over two semesters, to help prepare you for the rigors of dental school.
Successful Completion of Program
Successful completion of the DentPath Program is defined as:
- full participation in all program components
- achieving a cumulative 3.0 GPA of higher
- obtaining a "C" or better in all DentPath courses
Cost of the DentPath Program
Tuition and fees for 2013-14: $10,037 for Ohio residents; $25,445 for non-residents*
*Does not include living expenses or books
You must secure funding for this one year program. Financial aid is available, but only through student loans. Students must complete the FAFSA.
If you are interested in the DentPath program, please contact:College of Dentistry Office of Admissions