Dental Hygiene Program Goals and Objectives
The Dental Hygiene Program goals and objectives include:
- The Dental Hygiene Program will prepare students for practice and licensure as a Registered Dental Hygienist.
- Students will provide appropriate dental hygiene therapy for patients with different oral health needs utilizing assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation skills.
- Students will utilize case management skills, interpersonal communication skills, and practice management principles to provide quality dental hygiene care in a safe, efficient and humanistic manner.
- Students will practice according to the ADHA Code of Ethics.
- Students will adhere to state and federal laws and guidelines pertaining to the practice of dental hygiene.
- Dental hygiene graduates will evaluate and apply current research to make evidence-based decisions in their dental hygiene practice.
- Students will analyze research design.
- Students will identify statistical tools used in research.
- Students will be able to interpret and apply research to dental hygiene practice.
- Dental hygiene graduates will provide community service and outreach and will value their responsibility to the community.
- Students will demonstrate social responsibility by initiating and participating in the delivery of dental healthcare and education in the community.
- Students will participate in a variety of interdisciplinary health care settings.
- Dental hygiene graduates will appreciate the dynamic and evolving nature of the profession of dental hygiene.
- Students will value personal professional growth and life-long learning.
- Students will participate in professional associations.