One-Year Orthodontic Internship
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, Division of Orthodontics invites applications for up to two single-year internship positions. The Division of Orthodontics has 5 full-time and 16 part-time faculty with diverse research and clinical interests. More information about the Division of Orthodontics.
The purpose is to provide domestic and international candidates with an exceptional post-graduate experience in clinical and didactic orthodontics. The internship will run in conjunction with the orthodontic residency program. Interns will be involved in most classroom and laboratory aspects of orthodontic education except for direct patient care in the Orthodontic Clinic. The Interns will participate in observing, supporting and assisting in orthodontic patient care and ongoing research projects in the Division.
The one year fee is US $30,000.00:
- $7,500 paid at acceptance in January
- $7,500 paid on March 15
- $7,500 paid on June 15
- $7,500 paid on September 15
Fees do not include living expenses, health insurance and other costs. Fees and other costs for this internship may not be eligible for federal student loans, deferments, etc. and the intern is responsible for all financial commitments. The intern is not enrolled as a student of any type at The Ohio State University.
Each year, the application period will open on August 1 and close on December 21. After the committee reviews all the applications, an invitation will be extended for interviews sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of January. A DMD, DDS, or equivalent international degree is required.
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com, with “Application for Internship 20xx-20xx” in the subject line.
- If you applied to the Ohio State Orthodontic residency program through the PASS in the most current cycle, we can upload your application, please indicate that in your email of intent to apply.
- However, if you want to change anything in your PASS application, i.e., Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation, forward those in your email of intent to apply.
- If you did not apply this year to the Ohio State Orthodontic residency program through the PASS during the most current cycle, please include in your email:
- an updated CV
- 2x2 photo (may be on your CV)
- statement of purpose
- dental school transcripts (unofficial)
- Part I National Board scores
- three letters of reference (you may forward these yourself, or have your letter writers forward them directly to us)
- and, if you have them, GRE scores
- International applicants, ALSO include
- TOEFL scores
The Ohio State University is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. Qualified women, minorities, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of The Ohio State University to limit access to communications and to letters of reference to those directly involved with the selection process. However, the status of this policy under the Ohio Open Records Act is unclear. Those seeking confidentiality should indicate that desire in all communications and the University will make every reasonable effort to honor that request within the limits of Ohio law.