We strongly recommend and require the following: competitive re-applicant (requirements are bold)
- We strongly encourage all re-applicants to complete a re-applicant advising session prior to submitting your new application. This can be done in person, virtually, or by phone. We will begin re-applicant advising sessions in January and conclude in March. We recommend scheduling your advising session early in order to allow adequate time to prepare.
*Scheduling an advising session has no weight in future admission cycle decisions. They do not impact any scoring component for candidates and do not guarantee the review of an application or an invitation to interview.
- Do not simply copy/transfer your previous application data to the new cycle. Review it to make sure all of your information is accurate and up-to-date. You don’t necessarily need to draft a new personal statement if you feel yours is strong, but you do need to update it. This is your chance to make sure it’s the best it can be!
- Complete all required pre-requisite courses and/or your degree.
- Complete an additional 20 hours of observation. These additional hours are required to be considered as a re-applicant.
- Submit one additional letter of reference to AADSAS from someone not used in your previous cycle. This is required to be considered as a re-applicant.
- Consider pursuing new or additional non-academic experiences to enhance your application and show the committee your continued engagement in the community.
- Submit your application early in the cycle – don’t wait until late in the process. The longer you wait, the less likely you are to be considered for all four interview dates.