General Practice Residency
- Our Dental Emergency Care Clinic is open for patients who are experiencing moderate-to-severe pain, oral bleeding, and/or swelling that is not relieved by over-the-counter medications. Due to COVID-19, patient visitor restrictions apply.
- We are happy to announce our Student Dental Clinics are now open for patients who are in need of dentures. Please check back as we continue to restore our services.
- Our Dental Faculty Practice and Upper Arlington dental clinics are now open.
Our General Practice Residency (GPR) clinic offers a wide variety of services, including general dentistry, preventative dental services, crowns, dentures, bridges, implants, root canals, extractions and aesthetic dentistry for patients 16 years and older.
Our faculty and general practice residents place special emphasis on dental care for:
- medically compromised patients
- special needs patients who may require sedation for dental treatment
- physically complex patients who may require dental treatment while staying with in the comfort of their wheelchair, gurney or with their favorite caregiver.
- dental-phobic patient who may require a little extra care during their visit.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between the residency clinic and student clinic?
Our residents are licensed dentists who are completing their 1st year residency at The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. The student clinic staffed by 3rd and 4th year dental students who work the clinic under supervision.
Can your clinic put patient to sleep for dental treatment?
Yes, GPR has several different types of sedation. Make your appointment for a consultation to see what works best you.
How do I make an appointment?
Easy! Pick up the phone and call us. GPR does not require a referral. Our clinic is open to the public. Our phone number is 614-292-2622.
How much will my dental treatment cost?
On your first New Patient Screening, GPR will complete an initial examination, x-ray and create a treatment plan with an itemized cost. The Ohio State University College of Dentistry is pay for service. Payment is due the same day as treatment.
Do you take my insurance?
GPR does take some insurance plans but is it best to call our Patient Financial Services, at 614-292-0050 to confirm your plan. If your insurance is in network with The Ohio State University College of Dentistry, you are only required to pay your copay on the day of your dental treatment.
Is GPR the Clinic for me if I need a dental clearance for my medical treatment?
Yes, GPR works closely with The James Cancer Hospital, The Ross Heart Hospital and The Ohio State University Medical Center to provide dental clearance prior to medical treatments.
Will your clinic see our special needs adult child even if they cannot speak to you and are sometimes combative?
Yes. Whether the patient is in a nursing home, independent living or living at home with their guardian, we strive to help the special needs adult community with their dental needs.
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
If you have any questions please contact us at 614-292-2622 and one of our front desk staff members will happily assist you.
If I have dental x-rays already, can they be sent to you?
Yes, have your x-rays sent to GPRXRAYS@osu.edu