United Community Health Center
The Iowa Primary Care Association is actively recruiting for a dentist for a community health center in Storm Lake, IA.
• Clinic Hours: Monday – Wednesday 8:00am-5:00pm, TH 8:00am-6:00pm, F 7:00am-3:00pm, Schedule would be 40 hours per week during open hours of clinic.
• Patients: 13-16 per day
• Number of operatories: 5 plus 2 hygiene operatories
• Current Staff: 1 DDS, 2 dental hygienists, 3 dental assistants
• Provider would have their own private office
• Call: None
• Compensation: Salaried position plus incentive
• Contract Length: Flexible 1-3 years auto renewing
• Insurance: Health, Dental, and Vision
• Malpractice Insurance: FTCA
• Disability Insurance: Long term disability
• CME: $2000 and 5 days
• PTO: 25 days
• Holidays: in addition to PTO
• Loan Repayment: PRIMECARRE and NHSC
• Retirement Plan: IPERS
• Signing bonus potential
Health Center Overview:
• EHR: Dentrix and Dexis for radiographs
• Built in 2009 and added onto dental in 2015-2016 adding 4 more operatories
• Clinic addition to be done Spring 2020
• Lots of opportunity for outreach
• Administration is very supportive of new technology
• Updated X ray system in last 4 years- newest version for sensors
• Population: 10, 611
• Natural Lake that people can use speed boats, fishing boats, and jet skis on. People can also live on the lake.
• Very diverse community with 42 different languages
• What to do in Storm Lake: parks, walking trails, rivers for fishing, kayaking, Kings Pointe Waterpark Resort including indoor and outdoor waterparks, mini-golf, and a nine-hole golf course.
• The elementary and middle school are new.
• The hospital in the community has a large variety of specialties for a community of Storm Lake’s size.
• Colleges: Buena Vista University and ICCC satellite campus.