Advanced Endodontics Residency
Welcome to Ohio State’s Advanced Endodontics Program
Our 27-month residency program is primarily designed to train endodontic specialists for private practice, although students interested in teaching or research can also pursue these goals within the program. At least 50 percent of the program time will be spent in clinical endodontics, with emphasis on emergency care. The remainder of your time will involve advanced course work in the biological sciences and endodontics, research, and teaching in the predoctoral clinic.
- To prepare, by clinical experience and advanced technique, a clinically proficient endodontist.
- To prepare, by advanced study, an educationally proficient endodontist.
- To develop, by research experience, a student who can evaluate, design, and complete research in endodontics and/or related fields.
- To prepare, by evaluation of the scientific method and literature, an endodontist who can incorporate new ideas, techniques, and advances into his/her future practice.
- To encourage, by active participation, students to share their knowledge and skills through teaching and interaction with local, state or national organizations.
At a Glance
Degree granted: MS plus certificate*
Students accepted each year: 4
Length of program: 27 months
Deadline for application: July 15, 2017
PASS system: no
ADAT required: no
Endodontic externship available: No
Post Doctoral National Matching Program: no
International students accepted: no (must have US or Canadian dental degree)
Stipend: $10,500 during academic year 2017-18
Fulfills requirements for eligibility to the American Board of Endodontics