How to Apply
Thanks to all the applicants for your interest in the Ohio State University Endodontic Program. The 2017 application cycle for the class of 2020 has been completed.
- We encourage applicants to the graduate endodontic program to have at least one year experience in general dentistry (i.e., private practice, member of the Armed Forces, Public Health Service, or a GPR/AEGD experience). However, this is not absolutely necessary.
- We do not require a GRE or ADAT score for admission.
- Special attention is given to grades or class standing the applicant attained in their predoctoral program and experiences in the field of endodontics following graduation.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept foreign trained dentists in our program. Applicants must have a DDS or DMD degree from an accredited North American dental school.
- Interview requests will be made by phone as completed applications have been received and reviewed. Interviews are by invitation only. Please do not call or write to request an interview/tour of the facility.
Please note: we do not use the PASS system.
The following are required:
- Application. Application Download
- Application fee for $50.00. Check or money order made out to "The Ohio State University" and included with your application. This is nonrefundable.
- Official dental school transcript.
- Undergraduate transcript.
- Letter from the dean of your dental school. Must include current GPA, current class rank and overall evaluation.
- Official National Board Scores/Results - Parts 1 and 2 (if available). See the ADA website for more information. Please email scores to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three (3) letters of recommendation addressed to Dr. Melissa Drum and mailed to the address below. Two of these letters must be from faculty of your dental school. One letter can be from your AEGD/GPR program faculty in lieu of one from dental school faculty. If you have been out of school for five or more years, one letter may be from a colleague/associate in lieu of one faculty letter.
- Statement of intent (limited to one page). Why are you applying for training in endodontics? What are your plans after training?
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Optional: 2x2 photo.
The above materials should be submitted directly to the OSU College of Dentistry, not to PASS.
Mail these materials to:Office of Graduate Studies
Attn: Melissa Drum
The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
305 W. 12th Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210
To check on your application status (complete or not) please email email@example.com