Doctor of Dental Surgery
Welcome to the Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) Program at The Ohio State University
As part of one of the most comprehensive health sciences center in the country and located in a major metropolitan area, Ohio State's College of Dentistry provides a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with the friendly, down-to-earth attitude of the Midwest. We are the fourth largest public dental college in the country, which means you will have extensive opportunities to learn from renowned faculty, work in a large and varied clinical setting, and take advantage of all that a nationally ranked research university can offer you.
Please take a look at the information on our website and become familiar with our admissions requirements and process. If you have questions, please strongly consider attending one of our admissions overview sessions that are held on various Friday afternoons throughout the spring and summer. Otherwise, please call the admissions office to schedule an advising appointment at 614-292-3361. Although we will accommodate "walk-ins" as best we can, we do prefer that students schedule appointments.
Mark Your Calendar! The 2019 American Dental Education Association Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS)“soft opens” on May 15, 2018.
2019 ADEA AADSAS Application Schedule:
Starting May 15, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants can get an early start in preparing the 2019 ADEA AADSAS application. Start your application in mid-May, then submit early—June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
- Applicants can print the Transcript Matching Form and send it to their registrar’s office.
- Applicants can request recommendation letters.
- ADEA AADSAS will accept Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores from the American Dental Association.
Starting June 5, 2018:
- Applicants and reapplicants, prepare ahead and submit early – June 5, 2018 is the first date to submit an ADEA AADSAS application.
At a Glance
- Degree granted: DDS
- Entering class size: 110
- DAT required: yes
- Length of program: 45 months (semester system)
- Deadline for application: September 15, 2017
- AADSAS application: yes
- Supplementary application required: yes
- Interview: mandatory, by invitation