Virtual Advising: Applications
There are two separate applications that both must be completed in order for your application to be reviewed.
The AADSAS application is similar to the CommonApp application. It is a standardized application that can be sent to each of the schools you are applying to. You only have to complete it one time. It collects the following information:
- Personal statement
- Observation hours
- Co & extra-curricular activities
- Volunteer Experience
- Work Experience
- Research Experience
- 2 letters of recommendation (1 science professor)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate institutes attended for which you received credit towards your bachelors degree (sent to AASDAS)
- Graduate school transcripts (if applicable)
For more information regarding the AADSAS application, please visit the ADEA AADSAS website.
The Supplemental Application is specific to Ohio State. Other schools may have a supplemental application as well. We must have a completed Supplemental Application to be able to review your application and consider you for an interview. If you meet the minimums, the Supplemental Application will be emailed to you once we receive your completed AADSAS Application.
The Supplemental Application is essay-based and serves two purposes:
1. It allows us to get to know you beyond your numbers. We are looking for well-rounded students who will not only be successful academically, but outside of the classroom as well.
2. They are writing samples that show us your ability to communicate and articulate your thoughts.
Can I submit my AADSAS application before I take the DAT?
Yes. We recommend that you submit your application early. You can submit your application before you take the DAT. Please contact our office if you do so. This will effectively streamline the process.
When can I work on my application?
The AADSAS application goes live in May. However, you cannot submit the application until June.
Do I have to provide documentation verifying my dental experience hours?
No. Observation hours are self-reported on the AADSAS Application.
Can I list volunteer/extra-curricular activities from high school?
No. We discourage applicants from using any experience from high school unless it carried over into college. For example, if you volunteered at a soup kitchen every Thursday since 10th grade and continue to do so now, feel free to list this on the application.