Responsibilities and Benefits
Responsibilities after acceptance into the CARE program:
- Agree to ongoing involvement in a college based oral health care initiative that supports the needs of Ohio’s underserved populations, e.g., Give Kids a Smile
- Assist in the selection of future Ohio State CARE program students and serve as peer mentors
- Serve as ambassadors for the College of Dentistry at Office of Admissions' recruitment events
- Attend the College of Dentistry’s training opportunities related to leadership, ethical decision-making, and cultural diversity
- CARE Program graduates will be prepared for leadership roles as dental professionals, health care innovators, and members of communities in which they provide Ohioans with much-needed access to oral health care.
- Students will be eligible for a scholarship of $10,000 that is renewable annually if the recipient maintains a minimum GPA of 3.4.