The Ohio State University College of Dentistry welcomes re-applicants. However, to be considered as a re-applicant you need to show us how you have improved your application. Here are some tips to become a more competitive re-applicant (note: some are required):
- We strongly encourage all re-applicants to complete an admissions re-applicant advising session prior to submitting your new application. This can be done in person or on the phone. We will begin re-applicant advising sessions beginning in February. To schedule an advising session call the Office of Admissions at 614-292-3361. Due to the start of the new applicant cycle the re-applicant advising sessions will conclude in late May. We recommend scheduling your advising session no later than April in order to allow you adequate time to prepare your re-application.
- Once the advising session has been completed, you should consider the following if necessary:
- Improving your GPA
- Retaking the DAT
- If you have not already done so, complete all required pre-requisite courses and/or your degree.
- Complete an additional 20 hours of observation. These additional hours are required to be considered as a re-applicant.
- Consider pursuing new or additional non-academic experiences to enhance your application and show the committee your continued engagement in the community.
- Update your AADSAS personal statement. You don’t necessarily need to draft a new personal statement if you feel yours is strong, but you do need to update it. This is your chance to make sure it’s the best it can be!
- Submit your application early in the cycle – don’t wait until late in the process. The longer you wait, the less likely you are to be considered for all three interview dates.
- Submit one additional letter of reference to AADSAS. This is required to be considered as a re-applicant.