The DDS curriculum includes 11 semesters of instruction.
Years 1 and 2:
- Basic sciences, preclinical dentistry and early clinic courses
- Taught through lecture, computer-assisted self-instruction, laboratory experience and clinical activities
- Some courses extend into third and fourth years
Years 3 and 4:
- Emphasis on clinical experiences and patient treatment under faculty supervision
- Programs in general practice, care for homebound patients and training at college clinic and off-site clinics
Classrooms and labs at the college have multimedia audiovisual capabilities. Interactive learning technology (Turning Point) is utilized.